martedì 21 agosto 2012

Week 32 - The imperial lodge of Langinkoski

Tourists in my own birth town. One day I took my not so enthusiastic children out to see the imperial fishing lodge of Langinkoski. It's a natural reserve where you can see the house and the surroundings where Alexander III used to go to fish salmon. It's a beautiful place by the rapids of the river of Kymi and you can walk around in the woods surrounding the house for chilometres. The weather was very cool and not so summery this week and none of the children wanted to go to see any tourist attractions and I felt very lazy too. But sometimes it's really worth the effort to take them and myself away from the computer screen, because we all returned back home in much a better mood. We took a long walk in the wood and went into a house where a nice artist exposed his paintings of the sea and told us about them. Carlotta kept asking questions about the paintings and he thought that I had very lively children. Hahaaa, don't know if it was a compliment or not, but I guess he thought it was nice to see a child who was that interested in his paintings.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento