sabato 2 novembre 2013

Week 39 - Berlin

On Monday Carlotta's swimming school started and she liked it. We went to the park one afternoon. On Friday all three children went to spend the week-end at their friends' houses and on Saturday morning me and my husband took an early morning flight to Berlin. Armando run the marathon there on Sunday. There wasn't so much time to visit Berlin as the marathon took half a day and the day before we had to go to the marathon expo to pick up the race number. It also felt a bit lonesome to walk around there alone while my husband was resting at the hotel or running the marathon, so I think I won't go on marathon travels without my children or a friend anymore. I got a general glance at Berlin. I didn't fall in love with the town, but I'm sure it would have been more interesting if I had seen some art exhibitions and if I had had company to share it all with. The nicest part of our trip was when we had a beer at a pub with other Italian marathoners before leaving. It was very easy to get to the airport by train from the town center and it only took about 20 minutes. This was our first time travelling without our children.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento