domenica 21 agosto 2016

What we have been up to here in Finland

Now I have been here in Finland over a month and a half and soon it's time to go back to Italy. I'm so glad I have been able to spend this long a time here to help my father and keep a bit of company to him. It has also been good for me to see that life continues also without my mother, although I miss her every day and all the places here bring back memories. Often I find myself wanting to tell her something or ask her something.
One positive thing with all this is that I have seen and talked to my brother and my sister more often than I usually do when I'm here in Finland. I have also seen some relatives I hadn't seen for many years.
I have done lots of things with the girls and my father has done some of the things with us. Of course his daily rhythms are getting a bit slower than ours at the age of almost 91, but he has come with us for example to the swimming pool, to the summer theater and out for lunches.
We have seen many sunsets, been to our friends' summer cottage, to summer theaters and other summer happenings, celebrated Carlotta's birthday, done bicycle tours, gone horse riding, met friends, picked blueberries and baked blue berry pies, just to mention a few things. It hasn't been a warm summer here in Finland, but nice anyway. The Finnish nature is just so beautiful!








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento