domenica 14 luglio 2013

Week 26 - My brother in Rome

On Monday we took a trip to the beach, but it was too windy, so we didn't stay long. On Wednesday my brother and his son came to Rome. It was the first time my brother visited us here in about 20 years I have been living here, so it was high time! It was really nice to have them here and I think they had a good time, too. The only negative thing about their visit here was that some pick pockets got my brother's wallet on the metro. That's one of the less nice sides of Rome.
My brother's son wanted sunbathe as much as possible that was quite an easy desire to fulfil because the weather was nice all the time - a bit windy the first days, but then it got warmer. They spent two days in our summer house in Fregene, then we went to the centre of Rome and strolled around there a bit and on Sunday we had a barbeque in our garden. Me and Sofia also went riding this week and as our riding instructor wasn't there we took the opportunity to ride bareback.
Our house was quite full this week as my mother-in-law also is staying at our house. She isn't well and can't live alone anymore so my husband is taking care of her. To make things easier our washing machine broke down and we ordered a new one on the internet, which was the most stupid thing we could do. The delivery is much delayed and now we have been without a washing machine for almost a month. Fortunately it's summer and at least things dry quickly. A part from all that this has been a really nice week!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento