sabato 26 luglio 2014

Farmhouse getaway in Manciano

Before going to Finland I felt I really needed a little getaway with my family. Daniele had left already for his summer job in Finland, but I booked a night in a farmhouse in Tuscany for the rest of the family. I had been there once with Sofia and knew it was a beautiful place. My husband didn't want to go, he never feels any need to get away with the family, but I insisted and in the end he was quite happy, too.
We left on Saturday morning and our first stop was Orbetello and Porto Ercole at the coast. We ate a pick nick lunch and went to the Feniglia beach. The weather was variable with sun and quite dark clouds.
Then we went to the farm house Le Macchie Alte in Manciano. We went to the pool, but it got really cool after a while, so I kept my clothes on and read my book a little. I went for my run out in the wood round the farmhouse. There was a trekking path with really steep slopes, but now I felt so warm and exhausted I had to walk most of time uphills.
In the evening we had a lovely dinner together with the other guests. It was really nice, because there was a big table and everyone sat together and they brought the same kind of food to all the table. It was delicious and the company was nice, so in the end the restaurant owners left us there chatting and told us just to put off the lights when we were ready.
The breakfast was delicious, too with home made jam and fresh ricotta. Carlotta and two Dutch-Italian girls had made friends and today the weather was warm, so we stayed at the pool till lunch time. Very nice! Would have loved to stay a few more nights, but we had to get back to Rome to work, say bye to the horses and prepare our suitcases for Finland. We stopped in a small village called Pitigliano which is built out of tuff-stone. It started raining while we were there, but soon stopped again. Me and Carlotta wanted to bathe in the hot springs in Saturnia, so we stopped there on our way back home. More of these week-ends, please!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento