martedì 19 agosto 2014

Week 32 - Day trip to Porvoo


Going to Porvoo had been on my to-do list of this summer, so when I happened to talk to my friend who was going there with her family, I decided to do a last minute trip there, too. It was a bit hard to activate the girls, especially the 13-year-old, who was more acttracted to the sofa and her messages on the phone. But in the end I succeeded and off we went.
The first shop we saw in Porvoo was Brunberg's chocolate factory shop where you could taste different kinds of chocolate and that convinced both girls that Porvoo was quite worth the 1 hour car drive after all. I love Porvoo, it's a beautiful little town with a little old town with cobble stone streets and cute shops and cafés. I tried to reach my friend when we had arrived, but her phone was out of range, so we decided to go to the beautiful café Helmi, where I always go when I visit Porvoo. Well, surprise, when we were having our coffee and cakes my friend Pia-Maria's family suddenly showed up at the same café. They had had the same idea.
We walked around in the old town, visited the cathedral of Porvoo and then we went chocolate shopping and started to drive home when Pia-Maria's family were going to have something to eat. It was another of the warm days this summer in Finland, so before going home we stopped to have a swim at Äijänniemi near our home.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento