mercoledì 4 gennaio 2017

New Year 2017

Sofia and Daniele hurried back to Rome to spend New Year's Eve with their friends. Me and Carlotta spent it here in Finland and were invited to my brother's home. We had a calm and very nice evening.
We arrived there in the afternoon and had dinner with the whole family. Then Carlotta's cousins went out to their own parties and we started playing games. We played a nice game called Wapi and another one that Carlotta associates with my brother's home, because since she was small we have always played it at their house. It's a Finnish game called Afrikan tähti (The star of Africa). At midnight we went out to watch the fireworks. This year many cities had big fireworks because it's the centenary year of Finland's indipendence. My city, Kotka actually claimed to have Finland's biggest fireworks.








On New Year's Day we went to my friend Alexandra. It was really nice to see her and her family. I started my new year's resolution, which is to exercise more. We went on a long walk with Alexandra's dog, Solo. I really need to get in shape, I got exhausted just walking!
The new year brought colder weather to Finland and on the first day of the year the temperature was below zero, but still there was no snow.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento