mercoledì 17 giugno 2015

A summer update

I'm very much behind with my posts here. What have we been up to? Well, lots of small things. Schools have finished and now for the second week all three children are at home. Well, Daniele is almost never at home. He has had a very active life since he started his summer holiday. He has a group of friends and they organize something everyday. They go to the beach, to the pool, they have barbeque parties, go out in the evenings and so on. Just now he is at a camping site in Tuscany with other 6 friends. Lucky him. This is where we left them playing football in the sea when we had taken him there.

My work has kept me at home in the mornings, so if Sofia and Carlotta don't get invited to friends, they are here at home, too. They sleep late in the morning and mostly watch TV. After quite some time we managed to get our outdoor pool assembled and filled with water. The outdoor pool is quite complicated, actually. You can't use the water from the well, as it gets brown and it wasn't easy to find a place to connect the water hose inside our house. Then the water leaked on the floor. Fortunately we got that fixed. Then you have to measure the PH and the chlorine content in the water and correct it when needed. Anyway now the pool is there and Sofia and Carlotta has spent some time there. Yesterday they made a brownie cake after a recipe found on the internet. Of course Carlotta got summer home work from school, too, but she is not so eager to do them. For me it would be more important that she would read some books and maybe write down her summer memories, which she already has started to do.

In the afternoon I turn off the computer and we go to the horse stables and come home quite late in the evening. After dinner we often go out for an ice cream. This week the evenings have been a bit rainy, so we have stayed at home.

I have decided not to let the summer float away without doing anything. So as soon as I will have time, we will go to the beach, to some pool, go out for an evening swim and other nice things. I have been more lazy exercizing than last summer, so I will try to start jogging again more regularly. There are also a thousand projects to do here at home and if I finish at least a few of them, I will be very happy.

Summer is finally here, so let's enjoy it!





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento