venerdì 24 luglio 2015

Beach life in Rome and surviving the heat

July in Rome was really hot. Every day it got warmer and more humid and in the end it was about 40 degrees. The last days we were there before finally going to Finland it was so warm you couldn't do so much during the day and life for me started in the evening, although it still was 30 degrees then and very humid.
We had a pool in our garden, but in the beginning of July when we came back from the Italian Pony Championships in Cervia, where we had spent 5 days, the water had turned green and had a bad smell, so I had to empty it and as it was so warm, it took me days to clean it and I didn't fill it anymore before going to Finland. Cervia is near the Adriatic sea and there the temperatures were much more tolerable than in Rome.
The only place where you could feel a bit better was the beach or maybe some pool, but I had to work, so I can easily count the times I went to the beach in June-July on one finger. In the week-ends it gets too crowded and hard to get a parking place.
One morning we spent a few hours at the Cancelli beach which is a bit further away from Ostia and the water is cleaner. It was just lovely.



Then one afternoon we went to Ostia, but the water had already got very warm and wasn't so refreshing and it didn't look too clean either. We went there because Sofia and her friend wanted to have their nails done and in the meanwhile I went to the beach with Carlotta and her friend. It's closer to the centre of Ostia and there the water gets dirtier. The sunset was nice, though.

 




An other time earlier this summer I went to the beach with Carlotta and we saw this summer's lovelies sunset so far. It was so beautiful! I love the beach when the sun starts going down and people go away and it's not too hot anymore.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento