martedì 7 luglio 2015

The rose garden in Rome

One Sunday in May I visited the rose garden in Rome. I had never been there before and that Sunday we had nothing to do. I started looking for ideas on the internet and this one came up. Lately it hasn't been so easy get the rest of the family interested in doing things. Every one seems to live their own life. The teenagers want to be with their friends and Armando is concentrated in his training to the various marathons, so I decided to go anyway and hoped someone would be interested in coming there with me . Carlotta did. And I was so glad that we went there. Just like me, Carlotta loves beautiful things and what's beautiful if not roses? We went there on the 24th of May and I think that's the best period to see lots of roses blooming here in Rome. The entrance to the garden is free. 
It's near Circus Maximus, so we took the metro there.

There were lots of roses of different colours and kinds. So beautiful!







Then we went to the Orange garden where there's a lovely view over Rome.



While we were at the Aventino hill we also walked to the headquarters of the Knights of Malta where you can see the St Peter's dome through a key hole, but the queue was too long, so we will see that another time.

It was a nice afternoon and I think once in a while it's good to show the children the beauties of the city they actually live in, although we live quite far from the centre and very seldom go there.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento