martedì 12 febbraio 2013

Week 6 - Sugarless week and sugarful week-end

It was quite a tiring week. Lots of work, a nervous husband, an unhappy son and other things that made some days a bit heavy. But my happy moments were my riding lessons and my new Monday Zumba with my friend and, of course, the time spent together with my children.
From Monday I decided to have a sugarless week and, I must say it really helped. I have been very sugar dependent and, especially in the evenings, when I have my time for myself, I feel the urge to go and get something sweet to eat in front of the computer. Very bad! I managed not to eat any sweet things during the week and only in the week-end I allowed myself to eat what I liked again.
On Saturday Carlotta had a carnival party at the riding school with a small competition and afterwards we got together in the club house to eat and drink the things that everyone had brought. I had baked a cake the night before, but for all recipes that I had, something was missing. In the end I thought I would try a very simple sponge cake, although I didn´t have the three eggs needed, but only two. Well, the cake's consistency was not good. During the transport to the stables it had fallen into pieces and was very ugly, so when I showed it to Sofia she asked me to put it away immediately. People had brought so much cakes and other good things to eat, so I really think that was the best thing to do. And it's not the first time my sponge cakes don't turn out good, so I'm just not a sponge cake baker. I'm much better at making apple cakes, pies or biscuits, so next time I will do something like that!
On Sunday me and all three children went to our stables, first for mine and Sofia's riding lesson and afterwards we had lunch at the restaurant. The rare times Daniele likes to come with us to the stables are when we have lunch or dinner there.
In the photos that I chose for this week: Me and Sofia at the riding lesson Sunday morning. This time there was no one else and we had a very good lesson. Carlotta struggling with her home work, Carlotta after school when she had had a rehearsal for Rugantino, their carnival show for the following week. Carlotta with a huge cornetto (I didn't have any) and the fairy Carlotta with the little pony at Saturday's carnival party.
Yes, most of the photos are of Carlotta, because it's far much easier to catch her on the photos than the bigger children.

I used a nice freebie template from Maybemej.
 Friday Photo Journal

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento