mercoledì 5 dicembre 2012

Week 43 - Dublin

Trying to catch up with lots of things and one of them is updating my blogs and the 52 weeks project, which has been a good way for me to update at least with one post a week, although I'm always late. Anyway, on week 43 we went to Dublin with another family we don't see too often, so it was a nice opportunity to spend some time with them. Especially Daniele and Oscar who are of the same age got along very well together. When we didn't stroll around in Dublin they spent all their free time in our room playing with Nintendos, Ipods and Ipads.
Now that our children are quite big already, we even left them all in our hotel room one evening for a couple of hours and went out for a beer in a pub near our hotel. They had their cell phones of course, so they could phone us any time they wanted, but it all went just fine. And the beer was good! I'm not a big beer drinker, but the beer I tried, which was called Smithwick's, was really nice. The next evening we went out earlier and Carlotta came with us. Before 9 a clock p.m. children were allowed in the pubs and she very much enjoyed sitting on the high pub chair drinking her sprite in the cozy pub.
The main reason for our trip was Armando's marathon which went very well. The weather was normal autumn weather in Dublin, I think, some rain, some clouds and some sun too, cold compared to Rome, but all in all Ok if you had the right clothes.
Dublin is a nice city and not too big. My children liked the Penneys department store where you could find quite nice clothes at very reasonable prices and where we went shopping while the marathoner was resting.
One of my favourite photos of the week-end is this one with Carlotta in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral. I have lots of photos, so I'll try to make a collage of them later on.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento